Thursday, October 27, 2011

Butternut Squash!

We all know what it is, but have you ever cooked with it?  I never had until last week! 

In my Green B.E.A.N. delivery, I received a medium sized butternut squash.  It looked pretty, but I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it! 

So, I went out to one of my new favorite recipe site, Recipe Girl!  I have made several of her dishes so far, and not only have I found them very easy to make each one has been yummy!  I was able to search by ingredient and came across the below dish butternut squash cheddar gratin with rosemary breadcrumbs.

Butternut Dish!

What was nice about this recipe is that I had everything except the white sharp cheddar cheese already in my house!  There is nothing worse then wanting to make something and then realizing it has 5 or more ingredients that are not commonly used!  It did take me a little longer to make then I expected, but that was because I wasn't familiar with cutting up a butternut squash!

Final Meal!
I have to say that it was delicious!  The butternut squash cooked down nice and tender and tasted a lot like sweet potato.  Then, there was the topping!  It was nice and crunchy with a nice sharp cheddar taste. 

We rounded out the meal with some pork tenderloin, garlic bread, and a twisted baked potato.  It made for a nice comforting Saturday meal!

Thanks Recipe Girl for the great yet easy butternut squash recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment